An agritourism is the combination of agriculture and tourism that provides hospitality services. On a farm, there is an emphasis on cultivating the land, forestry and raising animals in a local and sustainable way. Farmhouses are typically family-run businesses, however, additional employees are commonly hired to help with the physical labor.
The farm's activities include:
- provide hospitality in accommodation or in open spaces intended for campers to stop;
- administer meals and drinks consisting mainly of its own products and those of farms in the area, including alcoholic and distilled products, with preference for typical products characterized by the DOP, IGP, IGT, DOC and DOCG brands or included in the national list of traditional products agri-food.
- organize tastings of company products, including winemaking.
- organize recreational, cultural, educational and sporting activities, as well as excursions (trekking, mountain biking, ecotourism), even outside the land assets available to the company, also through agreements with local authorities, aimed at valorising the territory and rural heritage .
The Agriturismo Il Convento is surrounded by nature, characterized by an inebriating lemon grove and surrounded by a beautiful garden, the company offers what is produced from its vegetable garden on the table. Peppe Pollio, heir of the family that now manages the farmhouse, has spent his entire life in perpetrating the best rural traditions: the lands are cultivated with organic farming methods, in full respect of the environment and all have a correct climatic exposure, which contributes to characterize the aromas and flavors of the products consistently with the specificities of the territory. Every morning a sweet and savory breakfast buffet is served, with mostly home-produced products and freshly baked desserts. The farmhouse is located in Massa Lubrense, on the tip of the Sorrento Peninsula, and is the starting point for excursions in the surrounding area, from Punta Campanella to Capri, to the Amalfi and Sorrento coasts, then Pompeii, Vesuvius and Naples. The property is 7 km away from Sorrento and 30 minutes by car from Positano, on the Amalfi Coast.
An agriturismo is the marriage between agriculture and tourism that provides hospitality services. In an agriturismo, there is an emphasis on land cultivation, forestry and animal breeding in a local and sustainable manner. Agriturismos are typically family run businesses, however, additional employees are commonly hired to help with physical labor.
Common services that agriturismo provide consist of:
- Providing hospitality and lodging to travelers
- Cooking meals and preparing beverages consisting mainly of products from the agriturismo alongside products of other local farms. These include alcoholic and spirits products, with preference for typical products characterized by the DOP, IGP, IGT, DOC and DOCG brands or included in the 'national list of traditional agri-food products.
- Organize tastings of farm products, including wine pouring.
- Organize recreational, cultural, educational, sporting activities, as well as excursions (trekking, mountain biking, ecotourism), even outside the land assets in the company's availability, also by means of agreements with local authorities, aimed at enhancing the value of the territory and rural heritage.
Agriturismo Il Convento is nestled in a hideaway of lemon trees and is surrounded by a beautiful garden with ocean views. This agriturismo provides clients with high quality organic products grown and produced in house. Peppe Pollio is the manager of the agriturismo and father of the family that manages the farm. He has spent most of his life perfecting the best farming techniques and traditions, which all are organic. All of the farming methods used are environmentally conscious, and are curated to local ecosystems. This attention to detail contributes to the unique and specific flavors of the products offered by the agriturismo. Every morning, a breakfast buffet is served with products of their own production alongside freshly baked pastries. The agriturismo is located in Massa Lubrense, which is on the tip of the Sorrento Peninsula. Massa Lubrense is the starting point for many excursions in the surrounding areas such as Punta Campanella, Capri, Amalfi and Sorrento coasts, Pompeii, Vesuvius and Naples. The property is 7 km away from Sorrento and 30 minutes by car from Positano.